Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Ginger Jeans

I had been planning on making a pair of jeans for so long. back in November I bought the praised ginger jeans pattern and slowly gathered all the supplies I needed. I ended up with loads of denim, 4 different zippers,brass and gunmetal jeans buttons,rivets, and two different colors of top stitching thread. like seriously I went all out. But it wasn't until this month that I had the courage and inspiration to tackle this project. I decided on the high-waisted version of course.
Starting with the fit, according to the size chart I knew I was in the size 10 range in the waist but I would need more room in the hips. So I graded the pattern out to a 12 at the hips and back to a 10 below the knee. I was done cutting out the pieces before it occurred to me I might need a full seat adjustment,so I had no choice but to hope I didn't need one.
all in all I really enjoyed making these jeans, the top stitching was intimidating at first but some practice made it go pretty smoothly. the front fly zip which I thought would be so hard was made relatively painless thanks to the amazing instructions and the sew-along on the closet case files blog. I am definitely going to make another pair and next time I think I will take in the waist a bit more, I don't think it's quite snug enough

No comments:

Post a Comment